Meds and Medical -
- Mom is taking the CerAxon 2x day, once in the morning and once in the evening. When I give her one in the evening, I also hide the one for the morning someplace in the house in a small, red, single pillbox. The next morning, I call her and tell her where to go get the pill. This appears to be working. Walgreen's did not recognize the med. I'm using the samples and will follow up with Walgreen's for the script. I have maybe two weeks to fix that.
- The Nascobal was $400. The coupon is for $35 / script, for a total of $210 for 6 scripts. The insurance didn't pay anything. I'll try to find out why later this week. The spray should last 8 weeks, with one spray per week.
- I'm not sure that I read the CerAxon to improve blood flow. Admittedly, that's what I thought Roman said, but the research just says that it increases metabolism.
- Mom is currently, therefore, not taking anything for her BP. I think we should get her a blood pressure machine so that we can take her blood pressure and record it at the house on a frequent basis so we can see what it's running. If it's high, we need to get her an appointment with another doc to get some BP meds. If we think we just need to take her to the doctor to get the meds, that's not unreasonable, but someone needs to make the appointment and take her. Either way, I'll try to get the blood pressure machine.
Other -
- Her ability to retain info remains pretty bad. I took her with me tonight to get the B12. She asked me three times "Where are we going?" and "To buy what?" After I gve her the meds for the night, she asked me twice whether she had already taken her meds for the night. She asked me the other day if I had graduated from college, and from where. I know that's all old news, but I'm still struggling with how we measure her ability to function in order to make decisions about where she should live. This may require a more qualitative analysis. I think Jesus is right insofar as his timeframes.
- We also can't forget, as Jesus pointed out below, that the biggest value for mom in another living arrangement is social interaction- something she's sorely missing now.
- I'm setting up her yard guy to take care of her lawn at the same time he takes care of mine. But some extra work may be needed. I may try to trim those vines that are running up the front of her house before they start messing up the roof and the gutters. If someone beats me to it, I won't mind.
- I think we should meet sometime soon just to recap. Lots of stuff going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment