Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update 3/15/10

From Steve

Is - No Problem. Thanks for the clarification. I think we will each find ourselves in uncharted waters when it comes to these very unexpected conversations with Mom. As long as we keep each other plugged in, I'm sure we'll survive. On a positive note, you're right- at least she remembered the conversation. She was no longer aggravated about it today when I went over there.

On another side note, she has, on a couple of occasions, dug through the trash to find junk mail that I've asked her to throw out. I asked her today why she had dug yesterday's mail (two junk mail envelopes) out of the trash. She laughed nervously and finally said she did it because the trash was full. Then she said she couldn't remember why she took it back out.

I like the fact that she cooked under your supervision. That might be a nice way for her to be active every once in a while. I think that she often can do things even though she doesn't understand what she's doing. It's almost like muscle memory. I think it goes back to the executive functioning. She doesn't know why she does things and she can't do them consciously, but she can do them out of habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment