At our Saturday meeting when I said I would teach mom to take her blood
pressure Steve wished me good luck and not to get my hopes up. I was
confident she would have no problem.
I explained it is so easy:
put the cuff on our left arm about 1" above the elbow
with your palm facing up, glance down and you should see the monitoring
tube about 2 " from the elbow
push the button sit still and quiet while the cuff inflates and then
deflates
When it is completely deflated, record the top number and the middle
number as an example 120/80 on the datasheet I gave her (the lower
number is the pulse)
I called her yesterday and walked her through a set of readings. I
didn't know so many things could go wrong with her following instructions.
It was almost like a comedy routine "who's on first". I finally said take
the cuff off and put it on the table and turn the machine off and walk
away. I told her I would call in about an our to try again. In the
meantime I called Nancy and she went over and helped her. Nancy said when
she got there mom was sitting on the couch eating chocolate ice cream from
the container.
Any way her BP reading were excellent.
I took them Sunday - 119/71
Mon noon - 100/73 4:30PM - 111/66
I'll call her again today and see how she does taking the BP readings.
No comments:
Post a Comment