Friday, March 11, 2011

Status March 10, 2011

From Steve

So last night (3/10) when I went to visit mom, i think she was either really tired from going to Sarah's for her birthday, or simply having a bad day (by the way, a note to my paranoid sister- I'm not saying that going to Sarah's was a bad thing because it made mom tired. Sarah's was a great thing and it would be nice if we could all take mom out like that more frequently).

Mom said that she went to Sarah's house because "she'd gotten older." Then she started talking about how when Kaylee was a baby she went to the hospital in "one of those things that are like airplanes." Then she was really attached to this flier for lawn service that someone had left on her door. She was very hesitant to through it away because she thought she might need it. Then I told her I was going to go place her medicine for the next morning - when I walked back in the den after 60 seconds she asked me if I was going to place her medicine for the next morning. Then here's the clincher: I asked her what she was watching on TV and she said she didn't because the TV was messed up and it was only speaking in English. I kind of asked her what she wanted to watch and she didn't really answer, she just said the TV was messed up. So I changed back to channel 10, Univision. And she said, "Mira que rapido lo arreglastes! Como hisiste eso?" I have suspected for the last 3 months that she was having problems using the remote because she always turned on the tv at the unit. That kind of confirmed it for me. Those simple tasks sometimes escape her.

Oh well, she'll have good days and she'll have bad days....

No comments:

Post a Comment