I apologize for not letting you know what happened – you are right to be angry with me. Here’s what happened: Sunday evening, on the way back to her house, we talked about house cleaning. My purpose was to encourage her to ask Gladys to clean her house once a month. Mom had her do it once and then decided that it cost too much. I told her that if her house is too big to take care of, that maybe she should consider moving into a smaller place. She said no way, she would never want to do that. Her house is paid for, and she loves it and she would never move out – Dad bought it for her. But she also didn’t want to pay anyone to clean it. Here’s where I made the error and involved you two… I told her that we are all concerned about her back and how hard it is for her to keep her house clean. I then told her that you two thought it might be a good idea to move to somewhere smaller where she would not have so many things to take care of. I did not mention a specific place or type of place, just apartment. I also did not say that you had actually been looking. I just wanted to bring you both into the picture to give additional support to what I was telling her about the importance of having her house cleaned. I also thought it was a good opportunity to introduce her to the idea of moving so she can begin to think about it. As bad as her memory has gotten, I’m impressed that she remembered our conversation enough to talk to Stephen about it. She did agree to talk to Gladys. I’ll follow up with her to see if she really did.
She had a good day at my house prior to that, staying for about 2-1/2 hours, where she sat outside, sat in my kitchen while I cleaned up, and cooked spaghetti for herself for the week under my supervision. She said she had never cooked it before, but when she was actually cooking the meat and the onions, she acted like she did it all the time. She knew she needed to stir and when the meat and onions were ready. I told her not to cook this at her house, but she can come over once a week or so, and we can cook something else.
No comments:
Post a Comment