Sunday, July 31, 2011

7/31/11

From S
  • I think one of the reasons Mom didn't want to go to church this am was because she feels very comfortable (accustomed to) St. Bernadette's. I think she gets disoriented when she goes to other churches. She was kind of confused coming back from Communion because we sat in a different place this time. She also still uses (in my opinion) her pains as an excuse to not do things that make her uncomfortable. She at first said she didn't want to go to Communion because she was in too much pain. But I watched her the whole time as she walked and there was no indication that she was in any discomfort. Still, I do agree that she has some leg and back pains, I just can't objectively assess the frequency or severity because she also uses it to cover up.
  • I'm thinking of getting this for Mom so she can more easily "bathe" herself. Any thoughts? This is already what she's doing (sitting next to the tub) but with one extra move actually gets her into the tub.It's either this or we have someone come in and build out a new shower. This is faster, cheaper, and will be less stressful on Mom, at least for now. (You may have to read this in the blog to see the link http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/nova-deluxe-transfer-bench-with-back/ID=prod1017673-product#BVRRWidgetID). We can also get her some hold bars for the tub to help her.
  • I also got this so that we can keep the meds within our reach easily but still safe from Mom. The code is 000. Ruth wanted to give Mom some Tylenol, but didn't know where it was. This should help.
  • I also bought a journal that we'll (try) to keep on the countertop. We can keep our notes to and from Ruth here. You'll see it next time you go there.
  • Finally, I also bought a dry-erase board and put our numbers on it and put the board next to the kitchen desk. Mom sometimes forgets our phone numbers and needs her address book to call us. Maybe this will help.
  • That's it. Enjoy your travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment