Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7/27/2011

From S

Tomorrow will be the third visit by the caregiver, Ruth. As I mentioned before, I didn't go by there Tuesday because Mom said I didn't need to. Today was the same story. Mom was looking forward to Ruth coming tomorrow so I didn't need to be there (however, mom had the wrong time). I think this alone time is giving them time to bond, which is great. Mom also still labors under the impression that Ruth is a guest of her's whom she is supposed to entertain (feed her lunch, give her something to drink, etc). Nonetheless, she speaks very highly of her. It may even be better for Mom that she sees this as a social activity instead of a "babysitter." I think having a "guest" helps Mom feel like she's a normal, contributing and functioning person, especially when she gets to do (supervised) things around the house like prepare food and go out on the porch. In anticipation of Ruth's visit, mom put out some pancake mix. I guess maybe Ruth will help her make some pancakes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment