Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7/26/11

From S

It was great to drop by Mom's house this evening and know that she had a good day. As we know, her story changes depending on the audience, but hopefully, this is what you guys are hearing too:
  • She felt like she'd known Ruth all her life.
  • They talked a lot about kids, family, life, etc.
  • She's very nice and very religious.
  • They fixed their lunch together (this is an activity and why trained paraprofessionals are good - instead of just fixing lunch for mom, she has mom do it with her).
  • They went out on the back porch and watered the plants and washed off the tables.
  • They talked some more.
Mom repeated this all a few times. She also told me, when I called her at about 1:30, similar things. So her story has at least been consistent. I also talked to her about putting in a new shower. She finally admitted that she site next to the tub and towels herself. She didn't shoot down the shower idea, but she didn't embrace it either. I suggest we wait a bit before doing that and see what Ruth brings to the table in the way of suggests, etc.

Mom also commented about how tired she was of seeing her car there. I asked her if she wanted to sell it. She said "Maybe."

No comments:

Post a Comment