Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/11

From S - just a few random updates to keep this site up to date
  • Juan and Zulima went to visit Mom Sunday. Isabel and I went there to try to smooth the visit. Sure enough, as soon as Zulima said "Hola" Mom started reacting angrily. (Juan and Zulima, since you've been reading these posts for a while, I'm sure you've come to expect some of those behaviors- but that doesn't make it any easier). Mom calmed down pretty quickly and we started conversing.
  • Mom cut her hair yesterday. I asked her if she wanted us to make a beauty shop appointment for her. She said those people don't know what they're doing.
  • Mom also tried to drink out of a soda cup (the kind with a lid and a straw) by tipping the cup all the upside down, the 3-year-olds do before they learn how straws work. Luckily, the cup was empty. She tried it about three times though.
  • I took her dinner tonight - lasagna. There are enough leftovers for a night or two. Today she ate four cups of chocolate pudding (they were all low fat and sugar free -I try to keep her groceries low on both those counts) and two cups of yogurt. I'll try to keep no more than two cups of pudding out for her from now on.
  • She's still complaining of the pains down below, but not as badly. I called the doc's office today and asked for the test results and the scripts, but they didn't call back. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Ruth will be there for the next three days. I'll tell Mom tomorrow that Ruth will be back the next day. In other words, I don't really plan on telling Mom that Ruth is going from two days to three. I'll have Ruth give her the AZO.

No comments:

Post a Comment