- On Thursday evening, I placed Mom's UTI meds (sulfameth and Cystex) in a pill box and put the box on the buffet. On Friday I called Mom to tell her where the meds were. She was unable to find them. Her responses began with "Adonde esta el comedor?" and "Que es el buffet?" and it went downhill from there. Luckily, Gladys was there and gave her the meds. On Monday morning, I placed the med box right next to the phone in the kitchen. She still couldn't find the pill box. We were using the pill box with her as recently as early June. Her ability to self-administer her meds has fallen even further. J- remember when we tried to show her how to take her meds in January? The next time she needs med 2x per day, someone will have to go there in the morning and give them to her.
- That same week, I saw that she had shampoo and conditioner bottles on her coffee table. She indicated she used it for food (I don't think she really meant that). I had her read the label to me, explained that shampoo needed to stay in the bathroom, and had her take the tubes back to the bathroom. A few days later the tubes were back. I asked her why they were there. She said the tubes had medicine and that she used the medicine on her knees to help her feel better. I took the tubes away and she was very upset. She said the pain was horrible and that she need her that "medicine." I bought her some lotion instead. Apparently, that's as curative as shampoo for arthritic knees. Amazing.
- Last night I had dinner with Mom. We made a big deal about her meds because she had to take so many (5 pills). She called me 20 minutes after I left and asked if I had given her the meds (Is had asked). Mom had zero recollection of the meds.
- Zulima reports that she had a good phone conversation with Mom on 9/19 in the morning. They talked about Sarah's baby, Kaylee, the weather, and the rain. This was great, compared to Mom's not remember Adriana when she called earlier in the month.
- I had to call the doc back yesterday to get more meds for the UTI. The symptoms have not abated. If Mom's not better by late next week, she'll need to go to the doc again.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
6/20/11
From S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment