Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23 2011 Miscellaneous

From S-

  • Hola. Mom was out of food tonight when i went over there to give her the medicine, so I took her to Krogers. She unfortunately buys such small amounts of food (partly because she's cheap, I think) that she runs out pretty quickly. We might as well overstock her.
  • I mention the whole moving idea to her pretty frequently. I tell her that if she moves I promise to visit her every day, buy her ice cream, eat at her place. I say it partially in jest so that it seems that I'm just kidding with her, but the reality is that I want it to be a common topic, and not taboo. She usually just laughs when I say it. Of course, for all I know, she's also complaining about me to y'all constantly.
  • I put in a perimeter (well, mostly perimeter) soaker hose over the weekend. I also set her sprinklers so that she (we) can just turn them on and she'll get pretty good coverage in the front. I'm less concerned about saving her lawn and more concerned about the foundation, the tree, and the shrubs.
  • Speaking of landscaping (or lawn maintenance), Jesus and I started a conversation the other day about Mom's back yard. I vote for minmal maintenance. Let's just cut down trees and anything that messes up the grass line. If we all get a chance, we can talk about it when we're there. By the way, Jesus did a nice job on a few chores outside.
  • Mom has some bumps on her left cheek, right under her eye. They're fairly large, maybe 3 mm across. I noticed another one by her nose today. My fear is that she's putting something on her face thinking that it's made for the face, when in fact it's not. Maybe she burned herself some how. I really don't know. She always has make up ion when I see her, so it's hard to see.
  • More anecdotes about her memory (although they don't really add anything now since we all know what kind of shape she's in): she asked me if I had lived in Beaumont for very long, she asked me who Kaylee's grandmother was, she told me yesterday she had never been to St. Paul's, she told me today she was trying to read her recipe book but couldn't understand it, etc., etc., etc.
  • I s'pose that's it....

No comments:

Post a Comment