- I really don't think Mom understands the phone. I tried to get her something that was as simple as possible (at least the handset). "Talk," Off," and numbers. I asked her to call me from both the base and the handset. She was able to call me from the base but not the cordless handset. The phone also has three memory buttons as I mentioned in the prior post. I told her, to help her remember that m1 was "la primera mierda, Jesus, m2 era la segunda mierda, Isabel, y m3 was la terzera mierda, el nene." She laughed and we went over it a few times this morning and she called me for practice a couple of times using the memory buttons. This evening, when I went back by, she didn't have a clue what the memory buttons were for. Even worse, she didn't know my phone number. She had to look it up in her address book. I've had that number for over 15 years.
- I tried to tighten up her door a little bit. It locks easily now but has a bit too much play. I tried to find a happy medium at which to set the strike plate. Oh well.
- Jesus, the temperature differential between the intake and the vent nearest the blower is 13 degrees. At my house (with a relatively new A/C), the differential is 16 degrees. The narrowest differential at mom's house is the vent furthest away from the blower at 11 degrees. Let me know what you think. By the way, nice job today on the yard.
- Please take a look at "Visiting Angels" on the link list at the right. I think we need to start getting someone who we can trust and can be held accountable, and start getting mom accustomed to this person. I'd rather pay a professional service provider who's trained and vetted some individual who just happens to be a nice person. Based on the phone issues and a few other things, I think she's deteriorating cognitively pretty fast.
- Mom was trying to kill the ants on her front porch today by pouring water on them. I think an exterminator service (bimonthly) may be a good idea. Thoughts?
- I'll call the yard guy tomorrow. I want to get some kind of pot to put the soaker hoses in so he doesn't cut them up accidentally. I'll do that tomorrow on the way home.
Monday, May 30, 2011
5/30/11
From S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment