I just spoke with Nina from Dr. Roman's office. She had left a message a couple of weeks ago to respond to my inquiry about a carotid artery test. She said that they didn't show anything to warrant running that test. Then I followed up with a couple of questions:
1) I mentioned Mom's headaches, in particular the one she had about a month or so back when she said it hurt so bad she thought she should go to the ER. She put me on hole and went and asked someone (Dr Roman?) about it. She said to keep track of the headaches, when she has them when they occur during the day. She again mentioned the sleep study...they really want us to do it. Then once we do it, we go back to discuss results plus all the latest.
2) I asked if there was anything she could take or was taking to prevent mini-strokes. She said both of the prescriptions she has are meant to do that. The CerAxon should be taken twice a day.
3) I guess I should get serious on the sleep study. So I just looked up on the internet for sleep studies in clear lake and found clear lake sleep center on Orchard. I called them and found: they are open 7 days a week so we could get her in on a Friday or Saturday. They take medicare. She said they generally do 7 sleep studies a night. Currently they have Fri/Sat June 3-4th open if we want.
Let me know what you think. If you agree, then we can call and make the appointment and get the orders sent from Dr. Roman to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment