Sunday, May 29, 2011

5/29/11

From S

  • Mom's medicine is being discontinued or something. The only retailer that carries the medicine is CVS (and that's according to the manufacturer's website). CVS is discontinuing the medicine. The last two times that I bought it, there was only one box on the shelf. I asked, but the clerk never knew. Today, I saw a "Clearance" tag on the last bottle. So we have one month left. There's also another name that it's sold under (CerAxon). That's carried at the Methodist pharmacy. Apparently, the mfr is switching from a 500 mg pill to 1000. When that happens, we'll just be giving her one pill a day, and buying the script from the Methodist pharmacy. Maybe CVS will pick it up again as the 1000 mg and they've only discontinued the 500 mg because it's no longer being manufatured.
  • I identified a new phone for Mom (as you know her old one broke). Here's the one I'm going to buy her tomorrow. It has three speed dial buttons. I'll program and try to teach her that it's her kids in order of birth (i.e., M1 = Jesus, M2 = Isabel, M3 = Steve). So far, she remembers our numbers, but as time progresses, she may have trouble remembering that. Maybe she can retain memory of the M buttons on the phone. http://www.gephones.com/docs/30544-user-guide-english-f.pdf
  • I've also added another link to the right navigation bar. It's called "Visiting Angels." Maybe we should get that for mom. Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about this Gladys person because I know nothing about her. I thin she was used for hose cleaning by a friend of a friend. If none of us has ever met her, is it really appropriate for her to go get mom and take around town (which mom states happened last Thursday)? It might be helpful for us to identify someone in CL who's accountable and that we can call when we need. Please give it some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment