From Steve
We had previously agreed that, since Mom's self-reporting of pain was suspect, that we would always try to assess based on our own independent observation. So if she says her foot hurts and yet she's doing some Highland clogging and has a smile on her face, then her foot probably doesn't hurt that much. Well, I have no doubt that she has back problems. I think we all see that. I don't have a clue what can be done about it. I bought her some Doan's pills (lame, but what the heck) and she said it didn't help her at all (although she called me a few hours later and asked me to please give her some more pills). She wears the heating pad almost non stop (she tucks it in her belt). So I'm sure it hurts, but there's not much that can be done, right? She's had all the standard treatments, everything but surgery- PT, steroid shots, anti-inflamatories. When she had her back x-rayed, it showed minor arthritis, but that can't be fixed either. I think she gets sinus headaches every once in a while too. It seems that her general health is pretty much ok for a woman her age.
No comments:
Post a Comment