Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 14 conversation

From Jesus

I called mom about 6PM last night to wish her a Happy Valentine's Day. She new it was a special day and knew about its connection to friendships and loves and commented how it is all over the TV today - but she could not remember what the name of the day was in English or Spanish.

She said Nancy was very kind to visit her in the morning and give her a rose. Mom also told me that she had already eaten the entire box of chocolates that I gave her Sunday evening. I guess she was hungry.

She then started lamenting, same as in Steve's blog, that she misses gatting out and doing things - that she is tired of not being able to drive and she feels that she is being treated like an idiot (her words). She said she doesn't know if she can take this much longer and sounded very depressed. I explained to her that we are concerned that driving with all the pain she has in her back and legs could be dangerous. She admitted that driving under those conditions could represent a danger, but she also said she had never hit a car, run a red light, have an accident, drive through the garage, and drive from Kroger unaware of a flat tire. I told her we would make it a point to take her out, but she sqid that is not the same because it is an issue of having the freedom to do as she wishes.

On my 15 minute Sunday visit she told me 6 times that her Nancy, Isabel and Sarah went to look at houses. She was alert but very repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment