Mom does not want to go to the doctor’s appointment (Garcia) today, so I cancelled it. She says she feels really bad all over and her head hurts too much. As for Zoloft: I looked up side effects last night and as I’m sure you know, there are many listed, including headache, memory loss and hallucinations, all of which mom is experiencing. At least one website said to call the doctor if you have headaches. As I’ve told Steve, mom has gone downhill very quickly over the last couple of weeks, particularly with her memory loss. I’m wondering if the quick decline is related to Zoloft. I understand that with AD, she’s going to have memory loss but it may be more than a coincidence that this rapid decline and increased headaches and general feeling of malaise is happening concurrent with her taking this med. I understand it’s a low dose, but maybe she can’t handle it. She was hallucinating (thinking she was dreaming, but the events were real) the day she took two pills together. Should her physician be informed that she’s experiencing these issues?
On a personal note, I took antidepressants a few years ago (for about a week), because the doctor, an internist, thought they would help me with stress. I gave them up, because they made me feel lousy. I couldn’t concentrate and felt dizzy. As a health plan analyst, antidepressants are the most over-utilized drugs.
I agree with Jesus. Let’s keep text for emergency, and the blog for observations, etc.
Isabel Mahmood
Medical Plan Program Manager
CHRISTUS Health
(281) 936-3325
No comments:
Post a Comment