From J
Last night was not a good night for mom. I called to say that I would bring her dinner so she would be expecting me. When I went to her door, I could see her laying on the couch. I and rang the doorbell and, as always, announced it was me so she would not be scared to open the door. When she opened the door I don't think she really recognized me. That scared me because I am concerned for her safety should she open the door for just anyone.
For dinner I served her "pollo" and spaghetti - she was only eating the spaghetti and I asked her to eat the pollo and she said she didn't like "pollo". I asked if she liked "puerco", or "pescado" she said she didn't. I then joked that I saw a pattern - that she doesn't like foods that start with the letter "p". She laughed. But then I said, "that is not true becuse you love pizza" - she asked me what is "pizza", she had never heard of it. I also reminded her that she likes hamburgers - she asked me what is a hamburger. She laughed a lot last night at just about everything. Most of the time I didn't sit at the table with her because she would look at me and start laughing - I was afraid she would choke on her food, so I went in the other room (I was also getting a little self-concious :-) )
She has been on 5mg aricept for the past several days. I was told it could take up to 3 weeks until it has an effect (if any). We'll see. Bro/sis have you heard differently?. In the meantime, the hermanos and hermana have placed her on a waiting list at one of the local assisted living communities.
No comments:
Post a Comment