From S
A few thoughts about safety- recently, we thought that we might have succeeded in eliminating the dangers from mom's house. Tonight, when I fed her, I found a container of Metamucil on the kitchen counter, along with a sugar dispenser and a used cup. I don't know where she got the Metamucil (Ruth had not made note of it in the journal, and she notes all meds), and I don't know how much she used (if any). I guess we'll find out tomorrow (or someone will find out). I asked her why the Metamucil was out and what she had done with it. Predictably, she didn't remember. She also started to choke while eating dinner because she was laughing. I've caught her laughing by herself once. It lasted for a couple of minutes. I then remembered how Jesus had identified the wiring problem in one of the light fixtures. It smelled like it was burning. I also remembered that a few weeks ago I signed her up for ATT service that would block "unknown" callers because she had complained about people calling and asking her all sorts of questions.
Recent dangers: 1) Mom ingesting something she shouldn't, 2) choking, 3) wiring burning because she leaves the lights on all the time, and 4) strangers calling or coming over and mom not knowing how to deal with it.
We may have mitigated numerous risks, but there's a whole load of surprises out there that could hurt mom - and we might not know about it until it's too late.
Good luck on your visit tomorrow, and thanks to Isabel for taking mom to the doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment