Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Visiting with Mom

J - I visited mom on Mon. Nov 21.  
She asked if I had a good time at her B-day party and she wondered why we did not sing her happy b-day.   So I sang it to her and she laughed.   She laughed so hard about Lupe our sister and Lupe Tortillas the restaurant where we celebrated her b-day, that I thought she was going to choke.   She laughs constantly, perhaps as a mechanism to hide the fact that she forgets.
 
At times she seems almost normal, suchas when she looked at me and said, "Jesus, since I am still well, I would like to have Christmas Eve at my house.   I know it is a lot of people, but each can bring enough to share."  Then she said - what do people eat at Christmas, I said Cubans like pork, and she said she had never cooked pork before.  She thought maybe we could have American food for Christmas, but she did not really know what that was and when I asked her about cooking Cuban food she said she did not know how to do that either.
 
Tonight I told her that she would be coming over for Thanksgiving and she was very happy.  I told her I was going to cook a turkey and marinade it in "mojo".   She said that would be good, but she has never eaten turkey also she had no idea what "mojo" was and she laughed each time I spelled it, pronounced it or described what was in it.     
 
On the toilet paper (TP) topic, Steve said he replaced the TP in her guest bath on Sunday.  It was empty on Mon and I put a new roll in - amazing.   What can be happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment