Thursday, August 11, 2011

Important Update 8/11/11

From S

  • I just got off the phone with Ruth. She had asked me to call her. Ruth is extremely concerned with Mom's hygiene. Ruth took Mom into her closet today and showed her all of her "pretty clothes" and asked her if she wanted to wear some of this pretty clothes. Mom said "No" because she was comfortable. Ruth also offered to wash Mom's clothes for her. Mom said "No." Mom told me this morning that the back of her knee was bleeding today. She also told Ruth and Ruth let her look at the back of her knees. Ruth said both were pretty raw looking, presumably from lack of good hygiene. Ruth has to report this to Cameo. Cameo may have to send a nurse to check it out. I just told Ruth that maybe Tuesday I will meet her at Mom's and order Mom to go take a bath with Ruth watching out for her safety. I also offered to go home right now and do that. Frankly, this is a bit scary.
  • I called Mom this morning to remind her that Ruth was coming over. Mom couldn't hear me because her phone had lots of static. I said, "Mom, hang up the phone first, and after you hang up the phone go to the kitchen." I said it twice and had her repeat it back to me. Mom then laid the phone on the bed and went about doing other things. I called Kaylee and asked her to go to Mom's house and find the phone. Kaylee said the phone was on the bed under some of Abuela's clothes.
  • UPDATE: Ruth is coming back to Mom's house tonight at 7:00 and I will be there to order Mom to take a shower. Is - do you want to be there to try to help make this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment