- Success!!! (at least on the A/C). When I got to mom's house tonight the temperature was reasonable. The thermostat was still set at 76, so the hold feature (when properly used) works. DO NOT CHANGE the thermostat. If you do, it will revert to the old programming and I think that's what was kicking it up to 80 degrees in the afternoon. If you guys think 76 (range 75 - 78) is too warm, let me know and I'll re-set the hold (I'll also print out the manual and leave it there so you can re-set the screwy thing if you want).
- Ruth really wants us to take mom to the doc, at least for a check-up. Ruth can take her, and Lindy has volunteered to go along as family rep. Lindy can then report back to us on what the doc says. The things that we might want to have the doc opine on are mom's: pains, weight, CBC. Just a general check-up. Medical issues are supposed to be majority rules, so please vote if you would like to proceed down this path.
- Also, please opine on putting a keyed lock on the utility room door.
- Zulima has said that she'll take mom some food this weekend (Zulima also pointed out that she's been reading the blog to stay up with mom's status - thanks Zulima). I indicated that Lindy would also go by and check on mom. Is and I leave Saturday am and Is will be back Sunday mid-day.
- Regarding Mom's weight, I think we have to have enough food at mom's house so she can stay healthy but not so much that she overeats. Case in point: I took 8 yogurts to her house last night. Tonight, she had 2 left. We may need to figure out how to manage her food intake. She's been gaining weight, but before she was losing weight unreasonably. Which is the lesser of the evils? All the food that I buy is low fat, and low in simple carbs and sugar. Maybe it's portion control that's at issue.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
8/18/11
From S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment