Monday, April 18, 2011

Re: [ivsuarez38] 4/16/11 Update

Is she still upset with you?   What's the next step?  
 
We have no Easter plans, other than going to mass at 11:30am.   Does anyone have plans?   
 
 
 

--- On Sat, 4/16/11, CGS <stevesuarez8480@gmail.com> wrote:

From: CGS <stevesuarez8480@gmail.com>
Subject: [ivsuarez38] 4/16/11 Update
To: suarez136@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 10:54 AM

From Steve

I took mom to see the Terrace yesterday. I figured she was pissed off enough at me and I was pissed off enough at her that I should go the full measure and take her. At least that way she and I could move past that issue. My goal in taking her was just to open her eyes that "apartments" aren't bad things. Her definition of "apartments" involved what Abuelo and Abuela built in 1947, where we lived in 1964, and what she sees in the news. I just wanted to show her that "apartments" could be good things, and that when it came up, she should be more balanced in her opinion.

The trip went well. She seemed pleased at a few things and surprised by a few things. She acknowledged it wasn't entirely bad. And that was it. I know that we all think she probably needs assisted living, so eventually we'll have to address her moving anyway. My hope is that the future discussion with her is a bit easier because she's more open-minded.

--
Posted By CGS to ivsuarez38 at 4/16/2011 10:39:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment