Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update 2/22/11

From S - Just a few newer things (I apologize for any repetitiveness)...
  • Recently, I have noticed incidents of compulsive repetition, wringing her hands non-stop, rubbing her arms constantly, rubbing her nails repeatedly, etc. Today she finally answered my question of "Why are you doing that?" when she said, "Porque si no, no se resuelve nada."
  • There are many instances of her screaming out to Ruth that she wants to die. I witnessed one today on camera.
  • Ruth has noted reduced appetite for the past few weeks. Interestingly, remember when mom used to eat 2 or three bananas a day? She has barely eaten any bananas this week. She also continues to refuse breakfast and lunch. I find her eating less and less at dinner.
  • Isabel bought mom a sundae the other day and mom didn't know what the ice cream was or why it was so cold.
  • Have you guiys noticed that she very rarely calls us now days? I used to get numerous calls a day, now I get none. Has she forgotten how to do that? Or is her mind just a blank?
  • We had talked about putting a tv in her room when she moves. She never watches tv anymore. Nothing. Ever.
  • On Sunday, Juan and Zulima went to visit. Mom repeatedly screamed at them, often defensively. In response to a question such as "How's your back?" She would answer "A mi no me pasa nada!!! No me preguntes eso mas!!!"
  • I've also noticed that she has trouble manipulating her fork a bit. She sometimes sticks it in her mouth at an awkward angle, almost sideways. It's hard to describe. It's infrequent, but definitely there.
  • Ruth has suggested we start buying Mom some Ensure shakes so that she'll have some nutrition at least. Good idea.
  • We meed to start getting our move plan together. It's almost time since the facility is already starting up. Bro, can you email me and Is your schedule for the next few weeks? I know you told us, but I remember these things better if I can see them in writing. Thanks.
  • Oh yeah, one more thing. When I leave the house, I'm meticulous about making sure that I latch the gate. That way when I drive by in the morning I can tell whether she left. Tonight, I latched the gate and left. Fifteen minutes later, Is called because Mom had, while they were talking, gone to answer the door because she thought I was there, and Mom never returned to the phone call. I went to check on Mom. As far as I can piece together with the evidence, there was a car out in the street in front of her house and she went outside looking for me. By the time I got to Mom's, she had gone inside and locked the door (though not latched the gate).

No comments:

Post a Comment