Monday, December 5, 2011

12/5/11

from S-
ruth called me at about 9:30 to tell me there were electrical problems. I got her @ 11:30 and began checking it out. no power on at least 3 separate circuit so I called electrician. he said one leg was out. I called centerpoint so they could tell me if it was the leg @ the transformer, or the meter, or somewhere in between. service guy is still here tracking it down.

mom doesn't get it. I've told her probably 20 times that "the electricity is broken." she's wandering around the house trying to turn lights. she keeps telling me that there's a truck outside and she wants to know why it's there. it's really quite fascinating to see her ask the same question over and just not understand that the power is off.

on a related note, she started asking if this meant she was going to have to move. I said yes. her reation was not horrible. this could be the kind of "in" we're looking for to get her to move to a better and safer place. we'll talk more about this later. for now, just hoping to get this fixed. if it's not centerpoint, it's $3200 charge and days of work with no power, and it's going to be cold here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment